As you can see, HyperCamô receives continual attention
as we listen to users' comments and suggestions to make it the best screen
capture utility for Windows possible.
You may download the latest version at HyperCam
2012.10.24 Version 2.27.01
- Fixed -dumpopts and -initfrom command line options to work
2012.06.06 Version 2.27.00
- Fix for selecting screen area (region or window), which did not work
correctly under 150% or larger screen magnification.
2012.05.18 Version 2.26.00
- Corrected some confusing messages inside HyperCam window.
2011.05.29 Version 2.25.01
- Updates for better compatibility with Firefox 4 browser.
2011.03.14 Version 2.24.01
- Bug fix - a file recorded with stere sound reported twice the actual
lengh of the audio track
- Better setup/uninstall
2010.07.14 Version 2.23.02
2010.06.07 Version 2.23.01
- Added an option to "AVI File" tab to limit the screen capture color
mode to 24 bits per pixel. It allows use of video compressors that
cannot deal with 32-bpp images on systems that support only 16 and 32
bpp screen color mode. Normally keep this option turned off for better
performance, use only if necessary.
2010.05.03 Version 2.22.01
2010.04.26 Version 2.21.01
- Easier recording of YouTube clips from HyperCam Toolbar in IE or
2010.02.12 Version 2.20.01
- Sound recording in stereo is now available in HyperCam 2
- Selection of the sound recording device (such as internal
microphone, external microphone, stereo mix etc.) is now much simpler,
available directoy on the "Sound" tab of HyperCam.
2010.01.21 Version 2.17.02
- Better integration with the optional HyperCam Toolbar in your web
2009.12.15 Version 2.16.03
- Bug fix - after a fresh install (not an upgrade without uninstalling
the older version 2.xx) an incorrect default value for frame rate was
set, something like a random number, thousands of frames per second. The
program would likely crash with such value for frame rate.
2009.11.13 Version 2.16.01
- Added "Open Output Folder" button to "AVI File" tab, to quickly find
recorded movie clips.
- Modified the default paramters (right after starting) to record
sound, default to 16 bit sound sample size and capture
- Added more command line parameters for external control of the
2009.10.01 Version 2.14.04
- Windows 7 compatibility fixes
- 64-bit version of HyperCam released
2007.03.15 Version 2.14.02
- More Vista compatibility issues fixed
2006.12.15 Version 2.14.01
- Compatibility update for Windows Vista
2006.05.19 Version 2.13.01
- -intitfrom [filename] command line option added to optionally read/save
options from an INI file, instead of from the registry.
2005.11.17 Version 2.13.00
- Setup process of HyperCam corrected to read license file and HyCam2.ini
file from the same location where HC2Setup.exe is.
2005.09.30 Version 2.12.00
- Small bug fixes - crash when non-existing path entered on "AVI File"
2005.01.20 Version 2.11.00
- HyperCam can now record from secondary monitors on a multi-monitor setup
of Windows as well.
2004.08.11 Version 2.10.02
- Updated to capture correct cursor over command prompt ("MS-DOS") windows
on Windows 2000, XP and higher.
2004.07.11 Version 2.10.01
- Correction for cursor drawing in 256 color mode (on some machines in
that mode it was drawn in reverse colors), also makes frame capturing
slightly faster in other color modes.
2004.05.19 Version 2.10.00
- New features to screen note allow inserting macros that will display
currently pressed keys, date, time, user name and file name and path of
recorded AVI movie. Perhaps the most useful of them is the "display pressed
keys" macro that could be used in software tutorials.
- Bug fixes, e.g. "save screen notes" function did not work correctly in
earlier versions 2 - the notes could not be read back without manual editing
of the file...
2004.05.10 Version 2.00.01
- Bug fix: after starting recording in "Paused" mode (F3 key) - on
subsequent pause/resumes no more video frames are recorded.
2004.04.22 Version 2.00.00
- Records AVI files that may be bigger than 4 GB if necessary (on Windows
NT/2000/XP and higher, NTFS disk partitions)
- More options to screen notes added - hot keys, automatic hide after
- More small changes
2003.11.15 Version 1.72.00
2003.04.28 Version 1.71.00
- Fix to automation server not registering HyperCam.tlb file upon program
2002.10.03 Version 1.70.05
- Fixed Automation call "CaptureSingleFrame", was broken for some time...
2002.09.26 Version 1.70.04
- Modified to accept special "software bundle" keys (one key for 3
Hyperionics products). Installer fixed to get the correct default name for
"Program Files" folder (may be different on foreign language versions of
2002.06.21 Version 1.70.03
2002.04.11 Version 1.70.02
- Added command line parameters that control another running instance of
HyperCam (another HyperCam window): -start, -stop, -pause,
-resume, -hide, -show, -minimize, -restore, -exit
- Added automation calls to control screen notes.
- Fixed a small bug in screen notes, which would not save a default setting
for text font.
- HyperCam tried to load DDRAW.DLL when starting or even installing
itself, which is not necessary. Fixed, now this DLL will be loaded only if
2002.02.25 Version 1.70.01
- New setting added to "AVI File" tab: "Cursor/Full frame capture ratio" -
allows you to capture the cursor movement with greater frequency than the rest
of the screen. For example, if you enter 3 here, only every third frame will
be fully captured from the screen, the other two will have only cursor
position updated. This may result in a smaller movie size and better
performance when recording, while still giving an impression of smooth cursor
- Added possibility to sort screen notes alphabetically.
- All controls except for "Mouse click sound volume" slider are now enabled
on "Other Options" tab during recording or paused state to let you change
options there, access screen notes menu etc.
- Bug fix: HyperCam would crash on Win9x/ME, if clicked on "Stop Recording"
button instead of using hot key, and either "star bursts" for mouse clicks or
mouse click sound was turned on.
- Bug fix: When recording or paused, with "star bursts" or mouse click sound
on, it was impossible to show/hide screen notes.
- 2001.09.14 Version 1.61.02 Updated only the Setup program, to offer an
installation for the Current User or for All Users of the machine. This is to
conform to the standards for Windows 2000 and XP.
- 2001.07.26 Version 1.61 New option added to "Screen Area" tab, to record
layered and semi-transparent windows under Windows 2000 or XP. This may slow
down the recording performance though, so enable only when necessary. "Edit"
button added to the bottom row of buttons, to send the currently recorded
movie clip to VideoFramer movie editor.
2001.09.14 Version 1.61.02
- Updated only the Setup program, to offer an installation for the Current
User or for All Users of the machine. This is to conform to the standards for
Windows 2000 and XP.
2001.07.26 Version 1.61.01
2001.05.21 Version 1.60.02
- New option added to "Screen Area" tab, to record layered and
semi-transparent windows under Windows 2000 or XP. This may slow down the
recording performance though, so enable only when necessary.
- "Edit" button added to the bottom row of buttons, to send the
currently recorded movie clip to VideoFramer movie editor.
- Corrected a bug in license checking code, where licenses with a name containing certain characters were not recognized as
HyperCam 1.60.01, released 2001.05.18
- Added a "Screen Notes" feature to "Other Options" tab of HyperCam. It permits annotating recorded movies with pop-up text boxes.
- Added "Use DirectX to capture screen" option to "Screen Area" tab. This option may slightly improve recording performance on some
machines. Do not use it when trying to record from full screen games using DirectX or Direct3D drivers!
- Added automated check for new versions of HyperCam at Hyperionics web site.
HyperCam 1.51.00, released 1999.10.21
Made sound recording buffers
2x longer to improve sound recording at extreme processor loads.
Automation properties and methods:
HyperCam 1.50.00, released 1999.07.05
The ability to record mouse click sounds. You can enable this
option from "Other Options" tab, by setting the mouse click volume to anything
higher than 0. The sounds itself are in small WAV files in HyperCam directory,
named with two numbers (sound sample and sampling rate), followed by letter "d"
for down mouse click, or "u" for mouse up. You can replace these files with your
own versions, if you don't like ours, but they must be short and in their exact
If Windows is shut down while HyperCam is still recording,
or if it runs out of disk space, the AVI file will be closed correctly.
Back to the top
HyperCam 1.40.00, released 1999.05.17
window now offers a new tab labeled "Other Options". Currently it contains check
boxes to enable/disable cursor recording, and - new feature - add starbursts
when mouse buttons are clicks. The duration, size and color of these starbursts
can be also controlled on this tab.
Added new button, "Configure this
Codec", to display the native configuration dialog of the selected codec
(provided by Codec DLL itself).
HyperCam now remembers the last codec
used, when exited and restarted.
Added the "Record Sound" check box also
to the "Sound" tab, to avoid confusion created previously, when this box was
only available on "AVI File" tab.
Recording and Paused mode are now
visually distinguished by the thickness of the blinking frame, surrounding the
recorded area. Thicker frame means recording, thin (1 pixel) frame means
Fixed bug where sound would go out of sync with video after
several minutes, if the frame rate value did not divide 100
HyperCam 1.34.00, released 1998.09.04
shortcuts in certain situations would hang the program, fixed.
AVI file frame
size must be a multiple of 4, or else strange things happen in many players.
Corrected the size entry functions to round width and height up or down to a
nearest multiple of 4.
Automation method: CaptureSingeFrame() did not work,
HyperCam 1.32.00, released 1998.06.20
for registrations with NetSales. Added "Delete License" button on the "License"
tab. Fixed some small bugs.
HyperCam 1.31.00, released 1998.06.03
Changed the visual
feedback of different HyperCam states - e.g. upon pause of recording, it will no
longer display big X across the recorded area, which sometimes was causing
problems. Instead, the HyperCam window and icon title is changed from HyperCam -
Recording to HyperCam - Paused, and the icon shape in title bar and task bar
button is changed. What if you hide completely HyperCam window when recording?
Well, it appears in the task bar if you pause recording, and hides again if you
Back to the top
HyperCam 1.30.00, released 1998.02.20
support to control HyperCam from OLE Automation client programs, e.g. from
Visual Basic. Added sound recording at 8000 samples per second. Added "Show
Flashing Rectangle..." button to the "Screen Area" tab.
HyperCam 1.20.04, released 1997.12.04
Minor fixes in
license check and added -nox option (see help file).
HyperCam 1.20.02, released 1997.09.16
Minor fixes - help
file page displayed on More... button press of the About box was
HyperCam license was re-saved on each startup causing minor
(barely, if at all) noticable delay.
HyperCam 1.20.01, released 1997.09.09
Fixed a bug in ver.
1.20.00, where HyperCam would just crash on "Start Recording" on Windows 95.
HyperCam 1.20, released 1997.09.08
Added single frame
shot hot key, that operates in "Pause" mode. Some minor bug fixes as well. Added
new, expanded help.
HyperCam 1.19, released 1997.05.09
Fixed two problems:
starting recording in 256 color mode would produce sometimes invalid AVI files
(when, upon minimizing HyperCam window for recording, another window with a
different palette would come to front and realize its palette). The other
problem: selecting AVI file name with Browse button would not always work
HyperCam 1.18, released 1997.04.17
Sorry for so many
updates lately. One more bug found and fixed: starting recording in "Paused"
mode (F3 hot key) would do strange things. Fixed.
HyperCam 1.17, released 1997.04.15
Fixed a problem in
licenses. Fixed also a bug where HyperCam would crash after recording more than
2 minuts of video on some Windows 95 systems. Fixed problem with saving video
compression quality setting.
HyperCam 1.16, released 1997.04.10
Added a number of
command line options to auto-start recording and override the defaults.
Increased the sound buffers for high quality sound recording. Fixed incorrect
values of sound sampling rate displayed on the Sound tab.
HyperCam 1.15, released 1997.04.03
I'm sorry, rel. 1.14
was not right. It recorded the sound with wrong format information, and you
could not switch between high and low quality sound at all. It's all fixed now,
honest! Added a separate Sound tab, with even more sound parameters to select
from. Also (hopefully) fixed a rare problem when HyperCam would produce invalid
Back to the top
HyperCam 1.14, released 1997.04.01
Added a selection to
set high quality sound when recording. It's a check-box on AVI File tab. If
checked on, HyperCam records 16 bit sound samples at a rate of 22050 per second.
If checked off, 8 bit samples are recorded at 11025 samples per second.
HyperCam 1.13, released 1997.03.10
Added a separate
setting for playback frame rate on AVI File tab, which may be now set different
from recording rate. However, if the playback is different from recording rate,
you can not record sound.
Separated resources into a separate CamRes.dll for
easier translation into foreign languages.
HyperCam 1.12, released 1997.01.17
Fixed: custom shapes
of Windows 95 cursors were not captured correctly - they were always dispalyed
as standard cursors. Controls inside HyperCam dialog are now disabled while
recording a movie.
You can now use Tab key to move the focus between all
controls of HyperCam dialog.
Fixed GDI resource leak on Windows 95 (could
prevent you from recording very long clips, or many short clips without exiting
HyperCam 1.11, released 1997.01.09
Fixed problems on
Hebrew version of Windows 95, and on Windows NT 3.51.
HyperCam 1.1, released 1997.01.08
This is the first full
release of HyperCam. It was proceeded by a number of beta test releases
between November 1996 and January 1997.
Back to the top
Return to the Hyperionics Home Page.